The OSO stainless steel inner vessel is guaranteed against material defect or manufacturing faults for a period of 25 years from the date of purchase. All other parts including, but not limited to factory fitted electrical elements (damage caused by lime scale excluded), expansion vessel, thermostats and valves are guaranteed against material defects or manufacturing faults for 2 years from the date of purchase. In the event of a replacement component being required OSO Hotwater will supply such part(s) free of charge and freight paid, on condition that the defective component is delivered, freight paid to OSO Hotwater within 2 weeks of written notice being given to OSO Hotwater of the defect. Such replacement parts shall be guaranteed under the terms of this guarantee to the unexpired period of the aforementioned 2 year period.
This warranty is conditional upon the OSO cylinder being installed in compliance with the OSO Installation & Maintenace Instructions, all current legislation, codes of practice and regulations governing the installation of unvented hot water cylinders in force at the date of installation and provided that:
1. The water quality shall be in accordance with European Council Directive 98/83 EC, or revised version at the date of installation, and is not fed with water from a private supply. Particularly:
2. The OSO cylinder is filled with water before turning the electricity supply on to the heater elements.
3. The benchmark certificate is completed at the time of installation.
4. The OSO cylinder is serviced and maintained every 12 months and is marked as such in the benchmark logbook provided with the cylinder. Invoices for the maintenance work should be kept as proof of regular maintenance. Care should be taken of the logbook and invoices as they serve as the guarantee certificate for the cylinder.
5. If the newly fitted water heater is not in regular use then it must be flushed through with fresh water for at least 15 minutes. Open at least one hot water tap once per week, during a period of at least 4 weeks.
6. The OSO unvented cylinder has not been modified in any way other than by OSO Hotwater and is only used for the storage of potable water.
7. No factory fitted parts have been removed for unauthorised repair or replacement.
8. Defects caused by frost, excess pressure, salt dehardner process, transient voltage, lightning strikes or incorrect installation, repair or use, are not covered by this warranty. A laboratory evaluation of possible defects can be ordered by the user, however the user must pay for this where the above mentioned conditions have not been fulfilled. Evidence of the purchase date and the date of supply must also be submitted with your claim.
9. To validate the warranty the user must complete and return the warranty card supplied accompanied by proof of purchase within 60 days of purchase. Evidence of the purchase date and the date of supply / installation must be submitted.
This guarantee does not confer any rights other than those expressly set out above and does not cover any claims for consequential loss or damage. This guarantee is offered as an extra benefit and does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.